Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Enchanted Castle


   
This is one of E. Nesbit novel that I like a lot. I first read it when I was eleven or twelve. I read it as a little kid and didn't understand half of it so I re-read it when I grew up and thought it was a great story.
     There are these kids, and they find a castle, and a magic ring. At first they think it's an invisibility ring. Then, to their surprise, they find it can make inanimate objects come to life, or make you rich. After a while, they come to a truly startling conclusion: the ring can do anything at all! 
     How amazing that over 100 years later this story still enchants children and adults alike. The mix of magic with everyday life is brilliant. E. Nesbit is one of the greatest authors of all time. Nesbit doesn't create perfect little darlings, though her child characters are certainly likable and engaging--it's just that they seem to be actual people. I thought it started slow, but I was surprised that I really got into it and enjoyed it for what it was.

I loved this book. I liked it because it was funny and good. My favorite part of this book was when the servant put on the magic ring. That was really funny too. I liked how the kids met statues and discovered a magic ring and other magical things. I liked how in the end, everyone had a happy ending. ^___^

2 comments:

  1. Oh!! it's sound great. When i read your blog, so i will find this book to read, too. Because you review this look so funny. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. ei ei really? i'm so glad to hear that ^___^

    ReplyDelete