Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Chang Phuak Restaurant







On the passing vacation, Saturday, I had lunch with my family at Chang Phuak restaurant at Amphawa district, Samut Songkhram province. I visited my family in Ratchaburi province and we went there for seafood lunch. The most popular dish that is recommended of this restaurant is "Boiled chicken in fish sauce", so we ordered that dish as well. What you saw in front of you was the boiled chicken that served without chopping but a small knife for the customers to chop it themselves. We asked the waiter to make the chicken chopped, but he said "NO!, Our restaurant serves this style", and he acted as if he would take the dish back. Unfortunately, we didn't let him take it back because it is a very sticky, plain and too expensive, it costs 350 baht. The worst thing is there are no service minds here in the restaurant. Besides chicken, we ordered grilled river prawns which the waiter told us the cost of 850 baht/kilogram, we ordered two but they charged us for 1800 baht but we didn't ask about this. Another wondering cost of the mixed fried vegetable dish (300 baht), now we asked the cook about this, she said, "Oh! sorry, it is 70 baht, I thought it is seafood Tom Yam".


After we had lunch there, I've seen in the website that "Chang Phuak is the restaurnat that should not be visited." How do you think about this restaurant? For me, it is not so delecious as I've heard, bad service, too expensive for a country restaurant, and dishonest. I won't go there any more and I don't want you to go neither. It's not worth driving so far to that restaurant for even a meal.





No comments:

Post a Comment