Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Rama Hospital





On Saturday (July 9, 2011) I went to see the doctor at Rama Hospital as usual on the appointment. Normally, I park my car at the parking lot of the hospital and see the doctor at the building around here. Now there is a new building in Rama Hospital named HRH Princess Siridhorn Building which is on the same road (Rama VI road), but not in the same area. There is an institution between the old and new building of Rama Hospital. The doctors, nurses and other workers have moved to work there, including my doctor. So the hospital has to provide the transportation service to take patients from the old building to the new one by the electric cars on the sky walk over the Rama VI road.


I've read the announcement about the details of the sky walk construction on the advertising board like who is the contractor, the specification of the sky walk, the duration of the construction, etc. but the most interesting item to me is the cost of the construction, it is 95,000,000.- baht, quite much! The construction will be comnpleted on July 30, 2011. For me the sky walk and the electric cars are very excellent, the idea of taking patients between two buildings avoiding the traffic on Rama VI road, besides they set the queueing system that patients do not have to wait too long.


Those are the first of two modern facilities of Rama Hospital I've met. When I reached the new building, it made me wonder that here is a hospital or a department store? There are many facilities, such as banks, restaurants, coffee shops, convenient stores and many shops those are under constructions. Because the building is new so everything there looked modern and clean, especially the toilet. One thing I think that should be be improved is the waiting time that the patients have to wait to see the doctor, even they have appointments.

Anyway, this modernaization will make people who go to the hsopital not only patients but also others feel not so bored though they have to wait for a long time to see the doctor because they can do many things during the waiting time. Moreover, I think that doctors, nurses, and all workers in charge in that new building are happy to work there with all the modernization.

No comments:

Post a Comment