Friday, June 10, 2011

A misunderstanding of cream puff and eclair


I think many Thai people still misunderstand a pastry called ‘cream puff’. Some would say like ‘Cream puff? What’s that? ‘I’ve never known it before.’ ‘How does it taste?’ However, I’m sure if I tell them that the cream puff is what they have been calling ‘éclair’, they must get it right away. A cream puff (profiterole) is a ball pastry filled with whipped cream, pastry cream or even ice cream. There are several varieties of cream puff, large, small, plain or decorative.

But wait! So what is the real ‘éclair’ then? The éclair is also a pastry in the shape of an oblong. It is filled with a coffee-or-chocolate flavored pastry cream, custard or whipped cream, etc. On top, the éclair is decorated by the melted chocolate and the icing.

Wow, how yummy! Thinking about these two pastries, I almost get something in the fridge. Well, it’s about time to stop writing about the yummy stuffs for now or I can’t stop eating lol.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Lookpad because I misunderstand about eclair and cream puff in the past but now I can tell which is eclair or cream puff. In my opinion I like cream puff more than eclair and last Saturday I bought some cream puff of Beard PaPa’s to my younger brother. He liked it very much because it is not too sweet and when we bite it, I can say only..Oh! it is yummy! Do you try this? Comment by Sirimas (Jang)- SMTEB

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what! Your cream puff given to me last week inspired me to write this post la. Big thanks ka sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for your post naja.it made me get more information about bakery,usually i just eat only.555

    ReplyDelete