Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sunflower

Where can we take a picture with sunflower in school? Welcome to Wimuutayarampittayakorn School, the sunflowers are grown in the orchard in front of the school. If you come to visit right now, you will see them with brilliant yellow petals that surround the flower’s center.
Growing sunflowers in school is the idea of Mr. Praman Chupipat. He was a director of school. I never asked him why he did that, but I love his ideas. They are such a beautiful flowers and I feel so fresh when I walk into school. It looks like they smile and welcome me to school.
It is not only me feel excited and happy. The students and the teachers took some pictures with them and it seems we are on the trip to see sunflower outside school.
I am interested in history and meaning of sunflowers so these are the details that I found out from websites. From www.answers.com said “sunflower has recently been adopted as a symbol of happiness, strength, a love of the sun & sunlight and because it is said to always turn its face to the sun it is considered by some to be a symbol of faith.” From www.proflowers.com, by Samantha Green, said “ Sunflowers originated in the Americas in 1000 B.C., where for centuries they were cultivated as a valuable food resource. The use of sunflowers images as religious symbols has also been documented in some native societies. With the European exploration of the new World, the sunflower was brought to new areas, and the flower’s popularity eventually spread as the rest of the world began to appreciate its beauty and sustenance”
These are wonderful, I would like to thank Mr. Praman for giving me happiness with sunflowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment