Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Buddha of the Front Palace


After studying Chinese I always went to temple or museum in Bangkok. So last Saturday I went to worship the nine Buddha of the Front Palace at National Museum Bangkok—Phra Buddha Sihing, Phra Hai Sok , Phra Bhaisajyaguru, Phra Chai Nakhon Ratchasima, Crowned Buddha, Sandal wood Buddha, Luang Pho Nak and Phar Buddha Ratthanamuni.

When I have learnt about this news, I wanted to see Sandal wood Buddha because these Buddha made from sandal wood (Chan Hom Wood) in abhaya mudra gesture, which means “Protection”. As a legend of Sandalwood Buddha, the Buddha preached the Dharma to his mother at the heaven. King Phasanethikosol ordered to create the Buddha statue made from sandal wood for replacement of the Buddha.

Besides, I am interested in Phra Bhaisajyaguru meaning around 12th-13th centuries. Lopburi art. these Buddha sheltered by Naga, was believed to cure body and mind diseases.

Many people worship the nine Buddha and want these Buddha to bring the good things to them. For example, Phra Buddha Sihing brings prosperity and auspiciousness, Phar Hai Sok can bring happiness. Lauang Pho Nak in meditation image means enlightenment.

For me, I worshiped the Buddha and really want to have the enlightenment. And also I asked for happiness happens to my family, friends, teachers, loved and disliked persons, and all being things.

I don’t expect good things will happen to me or not, but only want to successfully do something good in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment