Monday, August 17, 2009

Life in Military Fence


As someone knows my husband is a soldier, of cause, my 50% of time is spent in an army base. It is not only a place for living, but a lot of impression is happens there. I like the way that the squadron treats soldiers’ family which is very different from other government offices. Every important event such as a New Year day, Sonkran festival, Buddhist’s lent day, mother and father day, etc; all family must be invited to do activities together. It’s a kind of a very large warm family.

I have ever asked my husband why he need to lend the money to his subordinates and why he need to set an alcohol party from them, he answered me that we must treat them like they are our family because someday them might be commanded to die for us when fighting in a war. He gave me a sample of police when they fight with a red of yellow people, all police ran away when they were hit even their commander commanded them to fight. But that kind of thing will not happen with soldier because all soldiers will never walk back if their commander doesn’t command. I also asked him that why you leave your subordinate die first? It means you fear something. He said “no” and said “I never fear to die but if I die who will command another?

I’m very proud of my husband that he has 100% of the soldier qualification. He teaches me a lot by his behavior that we must sometimes dedicate to someone around us, our social and finally our country. He has been gone for work at Yala province and he has been fighted with both yellow and red people who are destroying our country. Many said solider is yellow side, but I truly said “no” because they treat all the same. I asked my husband why ASTV was cut out from our TV channels, he said, “the highest commander doesn’t want soldiers and families to be bias and what we can do only wait for the next command.”

Many of Thai guys are afraid of a military conscription but some who doesn’t have a chance will never know what a perfect guy is. I believe a guy who once being a soldier is manful. I love every time when the conscription season is coming because I have a chance to see a lot of manful guy who will be a country fence and I admire all parents and family who leave their dearest son become a soldier, although only 2 years but it’s meaningful for all Thai people.

Since the day my husband caught my hand walked through the swards arch in our wedding, my life had a big change. I got to understand what kind of wife I must be, because in his speech he said although he has a family but his highest responsibly is protecting the country. However I never feel hurt to hear that because I love so.

Right now my husband is during an annual military training which is arranged around twice a year. He will be back on the day after tomorrow. I don’t worry about him because it is as usual. After he came back he will have a lot of story to tell me so I’m waiting to listen to him.
Khun Mae N’Bonus

No comments:

Post a Comment