Tuesday, July 21, 2009

ASIMO

ASIMO is a humanoid robot created by Honda. His height is 130 centimeters and his wheight is 54 kilograms. He looks like an astronaut wearing a backpack and can walk or run at speeds up to 6 km per hour. His name is from from the initial letters of "Advanced Step in Innovative MObility".

Asimo can operate himself by human programming and also be operated by a remote controller. He can recognizes the moving objects, the postures and gestures and the Environment; remembers faces ; and distinguishes sounds. Moreover he can connect with user’s network and also internet.

At my head office, there is a room for ASIMO rests when he doesn’t have any events to join but I never have a chance to meet him there. Lucky me! On my last trip, I had a chance to visit Honda Aoyama Head Office which is a place for arrange ASIMO show. I met him in person and took a photo with him. He was very humanlike and so lovely.

I pray ASIMO to be lovely like this forever. If someday he was changed to be brutal, should human be in trouble?
Khun Mae N’Bonus

No comments:

Post a Comment