Saturday, June 27, 2009

World of Knowledge in Your Hands

This morning, I had a plan to find the Research of Translation at somewhere. First of all I looked in the internet and thought how to download the full text of Thesis and Case Study about learning in my field. I thought that our University can help me searching for those books. I finally decided to go to KMUTNB’s Library and called my friend, Poon came together. Shortly after we found 4 books on shelves, we tried to find more in internet.Then we searched in the computers server for collegians on 2rd floor. I thought that I’m lucky to find the information here because, there are lots of thesis to download unlimitedly.These books are allowed to download for free. All of these texts are saved by PDF file. I kept many full text as much as I can because the library are closed at 4.00 p.m. I think, I kept them to my friends in class maybe someone wants to read the research. The texts that I having now are follows;
1.Translation of Thai Cuisine Terms from Thai to English : A case study from recipes. Your favorite Thai dishes and the best of Thai Cuisine.
2. Translation of American Idioms from English to Thai: : A case study from Business Articles in Fortune Magazine.
3. Translating English to Thai : A case study of Translated Meeting Reports from the Foreign Affairs Department (FAD) of the Federation of Thai Industries.
4. Strategies Used in Movie Script Translation: A Case Study for Romeo and Juliet Translated by S.H Thippayachat Chatchai.
5. Strategies in Translating Foreign News at Manager Newspaper
6. An Analysis of Naming Strategies of Foreign Film Titles in Thai Language.
7. An Analysis of Strategies and Reasons in Translating an
English Business Article of Thai Translations in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction Development, Ministry of Education…. etc.
Friends can find and download everything you want only type the title in computer server. It is available on the web (in our library only) I think the internet is a great technology for us.
It made more comfortable and also provide a lot of information from all over the world. We can read it easily and more updateable. I can say that “World of knowledge is in your hands.” Is it true ?

No comments:

Post a Comment