Friday, June 27, 2008

Understanding Composing

Hi all,

First, I would like to say that I really really and really agree with the writer; everything s/he wrote in this article. S/he understands writers. S/he understands a writing beginner as me. I know s/he was a writing beginner before and now s/he is a good writer for me. I love her! (better assume that the writter is female)

When I read this article, it made me think about a nonstop writing. If you can remeber that I disagree with nonstop writing -- I cannot do a nonstop writing; I could not explain why I can't do it at that time, but now I will tell you why not by using some Perl's words. She speaks for me.

While I am writing some topics, sometimes I have to stop or pause to go back, repeat key words, look at my felt experience and wait for an image, a word, or a phrase to emerge that captures the sense I embody. It means I agree with a recursive process of writing. It works for me.

I like that the writer told us about the meaning of the word 'right' and 'wrong' in a writing process. She said that these 2 words are not neccessarily meant to refer to grammatical structures or to correctness, but they mean the answers of these questions "Are these words right for me?" "Do they cature what I'm trying to say?" "If not, what's missing?". However the writer still remind us to not forget about certain grammtical rules and evaluative criteria which are needed by writers.

I can say that there is nothing in this article I disagree even "Writting leads to discovery"

I don't know what more to say. What I want to say is in the article. Perl speaks for me ;)

Sometimes I feel that I can think, I know, I have ideas of something, but I don't know how to speak out by words, even write words down. When I read this article, I always say "yes, that's what I think" in my mind. But if I want to say "Yes, that's what I said" instead, what will I have to do???? Could anybody suggest me? Shall I read more?

Thank you all
Have good weekend
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment