Saturday, July 14, 2012

Kon Kra Dok insect

Hi friends,
How are you? I hope you are fine.
Last week I wrote about crispy snack. This week I am going to write about a kind of poisonous insect living on damp grass. People call it as “Mang Kon Kra Dok” (แมงก้นกระดก). I am sorry I have no idea how to call it in English.
I am always allergic to Mang Kon Kra Dok. When it bites me, my skin gets itchy and then redness. It makes me have severe skin irritation. To treat my bitten skin, I apply some insect bites cream. Although the cream makes me free from irritation or itchiness, the bites become scars for a long time!
Below is a photo of Mang Kon Kra Dok . This insect is beautiful, but you should not trust its beauty because you must be allegic to it. Please believe me. Its body is very thin so it can get through your mosquito-window net. Or, it can hide under your pillow or your blanket, then it smells of you and probably bites your face and ankles.

Once it bit my faces, it left me disgusting wounds. Somebody asked me if I had been slapped.
I recommend that you should have some insect bites cream at home, just in case you get bitten.
Enjoy your good weekend!
Thank you the photo of Mang Kon Kra Dok from the comment 4 on http://topicstock.pantip.com/isolate/topicstock/2011/07/M10876678/M10876678.html

3 comments:

  1. Dear P' Mam
    It very terrible insect. I don't want to see it in my village area. Thank for your superb information if i see them i will kill them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got burned by this insect once. Still have the burn mark on my hand. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi p'mam!!
    this insect is same as I saw it before. it a dangerous insect because when it bites you,It makes your skin burn and not beautiful anymore.It is so scary.. hahaha

    ReplyDelete