Friday, September 23, 2011

To Catch an Heiress

     I had read most of Julia Quinn’s books. She is my favorite author and To Catch an Heiress is the first book of her that I had a chance to read. And It's the funniest historical romance I’d ever read. This maybe wasn't Julia's best, but it was still really good. The beginning of the book was totally hilarious 
     Caroline is an orphan set to inherit a large shipping fortune on her 21st birthday. She has been shipped to various guardians that have also died. Her current guardian, Oliver Prewitt, ordered his son, Percy, to compromise Caroline so he can marry her and so that Oliver can control her money. After an unsuccessful attempt to force his son on her in order to ruin her and marry into her fortune, Caroline runs away. 
     For Blake- the hero, he is a thirty year old spy for the British war office. He captures Caroline with the misunderstanding that she is a notorious Spanish spy. He doesn't believe that is innocent and takes her with him. 
I love the heroine- Caroline. I like that the fact that she takes life as it is and be surprisingly positive about it, despite her background being tossed from one guardian to another.
    I couldn't believe how funny this book was. I found myself laughing all the way through this novel. I think that is a great sign of a good book and I couldn't put the book down. The story caught my interest from the very first line. It was cute, funny, and sweet. Quinn has a splendid way of making the rants between the characters extremely entertaining and funny. I love humor mixed in my romance and Julia Quinn does a great job with that.  ^_____^

No comments:

Post a Comment