Thursday, September 8, 2011

My best Japan trip part IIX


Last chapter, I showed the difficulty when I reached Takayama but this part I will show the beautifully of Takayama city. After a girl opened the door hotel for me, I said thank you to her and rushed in. Just in a few minutes the reception who is the owner came to me. She told me that I cannot stay during 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. because this hotel is a half hotel a half temple, so at that period they will be many people come to the temple for praying.

After checked in and took a nap for a while because of tried, I woke up and realized that the hotel were built on a hill and at that time this hill was covered with snow. Therefore, it seemed to live in a snow cave which full of snow both under the wooden floor and roof. Fortunately, they were a lot of heater inside the hotel and I believed they will protect me from this unexpected cold.






9 a.m. … Time’s up. I had to go out due to the praying time, so I went out and I really impressed about my first sight after I opened the door hotel. I saw a little boy and his grandmother were busy with clean up snow from the road. They wore overcoat and boots with spade in their hand. Grandmother taught her nephew how to clean up the road. Like this grandmother and nephew, people of Takayama knew that their city is tourist destination so they need to make the city nice and clean to make the tourist like their city and come back again.



I walked through the city, shopped in a local market, ate one of the most famous dish of Japan called Haneda beef barbeque and went to many temple and shrine. When my body was warm because of walking, I felt that I fall in love with the cold temperature and the snow around me as you can feel from my pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment