Friday, September 23, 2011

The Magic City

     I'd never heard of this title until I came across this novel by chance because I was looking for some novel to translate for Aj.Sripen’s paper work. And I choose this one because E. Nesbit is one of my favorite authors and it was not already translated in Thai. I had to translate it only 14 pages but after that it made me want to know the entire story that’s why I will review this book ^_^
     Philip and Lucy are two kids who are brought together when his older sister and guardian marries her father. Lucy is open to friendship, but            Philip is not. And when they find themselves in the magic city, Philip have to work with Lucy, who proves to a clever ally.
     The basic idea is that the toys and books are made into a little city and then the kids get pulled into the city and have a grand adventure. This was a cool book. I liked the ideas in it, and the story was cool. This was pleasantly written and the whole idea of making a toy city and having it turn to life is wonderful. And the relationship between Philip and Lucy is fun to watch grow and, of course, a very happy ending.This isn't Nesbit's greatest book, but it's still highly entertaining. If you are a Nesbit fan and haven't read this yet, please do.

**Don't confuse this with The Magic World, by E. Nesbit. That book is a collection of short stories; this one is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment