Monday, August 22, 2011

16 hours trip to Ranong







Last Friday I had to travel to Ranong province with people from my office. It took eight hours from BKK to Ranong, and another eight hours from Ranong back to BKK. It was the longest journey I have ever had in a long time.



This trip to Ranong was my last responsibility to do while I am working here at NBTC till the end of August. Then, I move to work at the airport. My duty I had to do in Ranong was a proctor to an examination of voluntary radio, and also a photographer plus a video camera girl. It sounded a lot to do, but I switched the duty with another friend I went with. There were 500 examinees that we had to take care of, but we could do it just fine. It was fun and I enjoyed my time working here a lot.



Ranong is a small province on the southern side of Thailand. It’s been know as having raining season for 8 months and hot season for 4 months. I think it was true as the second syllable of the word Ranong ‘nong’ means ‘deluge’, so if you wanna visit this province, please remember to always bring an umbrella.



The only place I visited while I was there was natural mineral ponds located in the city. It was very nice as I saw many local people (even at night) were there to put their feet in warm mineral ponds and be relaxed. I just hope I could stay there longer so I could have my feet dipped in the pond all day.



Sixteen hours from BKK-Ranong-BKK was tough especially when you got a back seat like me. But it was all good after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment