Sunday, July 31, 2011

My best Japan trip part VI

Arrived Hiroshima around 5 p.m. on Christmas day in 2008, my hi-light destination for this area wasn’t Hiroshima city but it was a small island named Miyajima that I prepared to visit on the day after the Christmas. However, 5 p.m. seemed too early to sleep for me and Hiroshima city had many interested place included well decorated streets and building during the Christmas time.








After checked in at a hotel, the first thing I must do was test some traditional food, so I rushed out to test the Hiroshima’s Okonomiyaki. This popular dish had been well known in many countries including Thailand. However, the original Okonomiyaki is Hiroshima’s Okonomiyaki. Some people might call this kind of food as a Japanese pancake. It is usually made from flour, water, eggs and cabbage. The chopped cabbage is mixed with the eggs, water and flour with some additional ingredients such as pork, beef, onions, octopus, squid and mushrooms. Mix all ingredients together and pour it on a grill then let it cook like a pancake. Because I was very hungry, so I used only five minutes to finish my Okonomiyaki. Then, it was the time to discover the Hiroshima city, the city of bombarded.




















Hiroshima has contained one of the bad memory of the mankind which is the enormously death of the people. During the World War II, 90,000–166,000 of Hiroshima citizen had been killed by a nuclear bomb when the United States dropped an atomic bomb on this area at 8:15 A.M. on August 6, 1945 aim to stopped the invasion of Japan to other countries and the result is more than successful because Japan agreed to surrender on 15 August 1945. From that day until, more than 60 years have passed, now Japan emphasizes on enhancing its technology and economic and became the world second largest economic. There are Hiroshima peace memorial museum and a building that half of it destroyed by the bomb to remind of the war. However, no one in Hisoshima think about the worst of war memory any more. I could feel from the laugh and smile that I saw around this city on the Christmas night of 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment