Saturday, July 9, 2011

My best Japan trip IV

Walking along the darkness sky of Japanese country side made me miss my home country. However, that night I had many friends walked with me, all stars that bright shining on the pitch-dark sky is my best friend for that night. Conversely, the light of all stars wasn’t shine enough to make me saw the road nor make vehicles saw me. By using the light from my mobile phone, made me see the road ahead and protect myself from got hit by a car. One hour slowly passed, I found the first hotel but it wasn’t my place. I had to walk down hill for another fifteen minutes. At that time, I was very tried because I had to walk and carry my belonging for more than one hour and my stomach was empty since I drank only a small bottle of milk at the Fukuwatari station.

With my last energy, I reached the reserved hotel around 9 P.M. I hurried step in to the reception. I met a mid-age man, Yoshi-san, who worked for the night shift, but he couldn’t speak English. However, I planned to face this situation so I ask my Japanese friend to wrote me some sentences that could identify myself. With these sentences the reception knew my purpose that I made a reservation for a night in this hotel, but he insisted that I wasn’t make any reservation! Now I needed to use my poor Japanese with Japanese-English dictionary to make many sentences that with a Iittle hoped that he could understand my sentences. It was the worst conversation between us and finally he called his boss who works for the day shift. That was the absolutely correct decision! Thanks god, his boss could speak English and found my reservation in another building. Before I went to the room, I bought some local fruit, apple, form the front desk and I think that were the most delicious apples for me.


After put my bags in the room, I surveyed the building that I stay. That old wooden building decorated with candles and lamps instead of electric light probably an old barn with two storeys, a common room, and almost ten rooms for more than twenty guests. However, that night the hotel had only one guest that was me, so it seem to be a haunted house for that night. Moreover, I heard some scary noise reflex from the floor every time I put my step on it.

Another interest part of the hotel is the bathroom or Onsen which located outside the building. It was the biggest Onsen that I discovered on that trip. It was big enough to welcome more than thirty men at the same time. It had 4 indoor hot spring pool and a small outside one which could see the view of Asahi River. After enjoy bathing, I went to bed. With no doubt, that night I slept like a log.

Next morning, I woke up early and took some pictures around hotel and didn’t forgot to took a picture with Yoshi-san for my good memory.



No comments:

Post a Comment