Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My Best Japan Trip PartIII




























After I checked my trip record, I know that I missed something about the sequence of the trip because after left Kobe I visited a beautiful castle in Himeji and spend a night in a nearby town, Fukuwatari, before I went to Hiroshima. If I skip to tell the reader about Himeji and Fukuwatari, my friend who works at the hotel in Fukuwatari won’t forgive me for this mistake.

After left Kobe behind, I took a short train to another tourist town named Himeji. This historical town is 50 km far from Kobe and the most interested place in Himeji is Himeji castle. This castle is probably the most spectacular castle in Japan. Unlike many other Japanese castles, Himeji Castle was never destroyed in wars, earthquakes or fires and remains in the original building. Because of this, it is classified as a national treasure and a UNESCO world heritage site. I enjoyed taking many photos and bought some souvenirs for my memorial and for my friends.



Just before the sun set, I leave Himeji and went to a hotel in Fukuwatari . Arrived Fukuwatari around 6.30 P.M., I found that the town was smaller than I expected and just after the sunset all town was quiet as a graveyard. The convenience store at the corner of the street had been closing just a minute ago and the big problem was I couldn’t find my hotel in downtown. Someone at the train station told me that it was located 3-5 km away from downtown of Fukuwatari, but there was no bus and taxi. Fortunately, I found a shop that prepared to close, so I asked the shop keeper about the direction to go to the hotel. The answer was made me almost exhausted because I needed to walk along the Asahi river for 3 km in the darkness alone.



I try to tell you everything about Himeji and Fukuwatari in this part but it is too much memory in this small town, so I will tell you all details in the next part.

No comments:

Post a Comment