Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hiking Diamond Head


Diamond Head is the famous volcano that seemed Waikiki that symbolizes Hawaii. Each year, thousands of tourists take their pictures at here. Diamond Head is O’ahu’s most famous landmark, and symbolizes Hawaii to people around the world. Last summer vacation my friend and I climbed Diamond Head, and the view was even better than I remember it being. It was especially elegant to see Waikiki beach from that vantage point, since it was almost like you can imagine what it looked like back before all the commercialization. The top of all hotels and other buildings are really small, so the scenery itself becomes the main thing you notice when looking out. It was a strenuous hike though. I think someone told me there was about 150 steps to climb to get to the top, and believe me these were no ordinary steps. They were really steep and everyone we saw ourselves included. We had to stop at least once or twice along the way. As we reach the top of Diamond Head, we had enjoy great views of Waikiki. This hike was fun and exciting to reach the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment