Tuesday, August 10, 2010

“I have right to know about it.” ?

Few days ago, my good friend (hereafter I call her A) complained with me on QQ that, A received a call from a friend’s girlfriend (I call her B), because B found a bill to A in his purse. B asked A something about it. A told B he borrowed money from A and just returned it to her. B then asked A what’s the use of the money. A told B she knew nothing about it. B accused A of lending money to him without knowing the use. My friend said she didn’t think she needed to ask such questions, since she knew him for a long time and trusted him. B continued to ask more about it. A said: “ Why you ask me such question? ” B said,“I think I have right to know about it.” My friend still said with a peaceful tone “ I don’t think you have right to know about it. If he agrees me to tell you, I will tell you. If not, I won’t tell you. Because he is my friend, while I don't know you at all. I should respect him first.” The words enraged her and she lost her temper and shouted at my friend on the phone.

“I have right to know about it.” I’m sure that this saying is familiar to us. It’s not my first time to hear a thing or a girl/boy like this. Some girls/boys, maybe many of them, think they have right to know everything about her boyfriend/girlfriend.

In my personal opinion, everyone is independent, belonging to nobody except himself. The parents gave us our life, but cannot go through our life instead of us. The friends can touch our hearts and feeling but cannot taste the happiness and bitterness for us. For me, I should be responsible for myself and my family; and for the others, I would respect them, including his/her feeling, choice and life. I’m not agree with those person who thinks he/she has right to know everything about other people, to interfere other’s choices and to invade others’ personal spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment