Friday, June 18, 2010

To: Siamniramit Show

To: Siamniramit Show

This is my post of last week
that i have a publish post blog problem

On last Saturday, My boss asked me for take care visitors from German. In the morning I guided them to visit Emerald Buddha Temple and then at night I took them to siamniramit show. My boss offered me 2 free tickets, one for me and the other one for my sister so I have to buy one more ticket for my farther. At first I think the ticket fee is 1,050 baht including dinner buffet (my boss told me) but when we are there at the admission gate. Whatever Thai or foreigner, the fee is 1,500 for show only and +350 baht for dinner buffet.

I try to ask the siamniramit staffs give me a discount as we paid in group at rate 1050. Just only for a ticket. Finally they OK. In the siamniramit area, it’s look like an ancient Siam country. Everyone in the area dress up like the ancient people.

The shows start at 8.00 pm to 9.30 pm, about 1 and half hours. The performance told us about Siam country traditional and culture. The overall of the shows are very nice but I think it’s less information for visitor from oversea. For example when they show performance about Loykatong (ลอยกระทง) festival, they invite some foreigners and my guest to join by giving them a banana-leaf cup (กระทง) and ask them to put on river and then sent them back to the seat with out any information. Suddenly, my guest asks me that what is that? What is the festival about? Why I have to put it on river? After I told them a little bit information, they look very surprise and interested more in Thai culture.

In my opinion if the purpose of siamniramit show is a promoting Thai culture, they should think about detail more. Just gave them the information during the shows. Just show a slide or any handout. The visitors would be happy and enjoy the show more.

No comments:

Post a Comment