Monday, September 7, 2009

What I have Studied in Japan

One year in Japan, I got a lot of experiences, friends and knowledge. It was my first time to spent the life alone that was my first step to be an adult. I worked part-time jobs, traveled and met people a lot to gain more experiences, but my main responsibility was studying. I studied in Kyoto University of Education, which is located in Kyoto prefecture. I was the special audit student of Faculty of Education. My study duration was 2 semesters. To graduate, I needed to study 2 subjects about education, do 1 small research and also study free elective subjects 16 credits.

First, I studied 2 subjects about education. I had to study 1 subject per 1 semester. My first semester, I study about Japan Education Administration and Finance. I studied with 4th year students. It was very difficult, since I ever never know anything about education system in Japan and also my poor Japanese was a big barrier. However, at least I had a chance to listen the natural Japanese language that Japanese people use, not Japanese language that Japanese people try to explain to the foreigner. My second semester, I studied about Education System in Japan and Thailand. This subject was lectured in English. It was about education system and education problem both of in Japan and Thailand. It helped me know about the differences between 2 countries, especially, what were the weak points of each country. It also made me consider about Thailand education situation and as Thai people how can I do to help the country develops education system.



Second, I did 1 small research. My research topic was “The Change of the Will of Students in Kyoto University of Education to be School Teachers and Its Factors”. I gathered the data by doing the survey, questionnaire, from reference books and university history and statistics. My advisor considered about the foreign students’ Japanese language abilities, so he asked his students to be the tutors and help us to do the research. Thus, I did not have many problems about doing the research and making the report, excepted making the presentation. I had to present my research 2 times. First time presented in university’s seminar at Fukui prefecture to ask for teacher, professor and another students’ opinion and some correction. It was like the rehearsal for the seminar at Okayama. Second time was the large seminar among 6 universities’ teachers and research students at Okayama University in Okayama prefecture. I was very excited and worry so much about the presentation, but finally, every thing was fine and I also got a lot of Japanese friend form other universities.

Finally, I studied free elective subjects 16 credits. They were 9 subjects, including 5 subjects about Japanese language, 3 subjects about English Language and 2 subjects about Japanese traditions (Japanese music instruments and Japanese Calligraphy). I studied 2 English subjects and Japanese music instruments subject with Japanese students and the other were the course for foreign students. These free elective subjects can relax me from the stress of education subjects and research very much, because they were something I think I like.
One year in Japan was my precious time and went by very fast. I gained many things, especially knowledge and new attitude that are very valuable for spending life now and in the future. It is the good memory that I cannot forget. From now I will try my best in every thing and wait for the next chance to get experiences in another place.

Khun Mae N’Bonus

No comments:

Post a Comment