Saturday, September 12, 2009

First Time that I was Called a Teacher

When I was in Japan, every Thursday evening, I had to go to teach Thai language to the Japanese people at the community learning center. It did not concern with the scholarship condition or university duty but Thai senior there said I must go. I think everyone understands the feeling in the situation that we do not want to do something but somebody forces us to do. It was not bad but I felt I was not happy with it.

Every times before I went there, I never felt comfortably. Not only me but also another Thai students did not want to go there. I think it is because we are all major in foreign languages for communication not for teaching and we wanted to be a tourist guide, flight attendant, interpreter or something like that, so, teacher was a very hard job for us. I never thought about trying to be a good teacher for them or find the way to change my mind to love this career. But you know, The time went by, my feeling have changed automatically. I did not know when I fell in love with teaching. I only knew that I like to teach more and more. I felt good every time when I saw my students were happy with studying. Finally, in all Thai students there, only me went there every week and also continued to go there on vacations while another students enjoyed travelling or took some rest at the dormitory.

I would like to thank the senior who forced me to go there. I did not only find what I like which I never think it is but I also found the most valuable things called friendship and love.

Khun Mae N’Bonus

No comments:

Post a Comment