Monday, June 29, 2009

My Great Boss


I would like to tell you about my last boss because I want everyone know how nice he is. He is a managing director and I was his secretary. He is a very nice guy and he treated me like I’m his daughter. He normally go to Japan for meeting every month and he would brought me Japanese dessert or food that I like. As a secretary to managing director, I had a lot of important jobs to carry, I always make mistakes but he never be angry to me, instead he would teach and give me some advise. Every morning, he called me into his room and make some chat about 30 minutes per day, he said that he wants me to practice Japanese language more. When we are in a long meeting which I must be an interpreter. I always felt tied when 1 or 2 hours left, he understand and always ask other managers who can speak Japanese to translate for me.


When I was pregnant, I was very weak so he allowed me to take a leave any time I want that means in 1 week I work only 3 or 4 days and he also decided to hire another secretary to help me and work instead of me when I take 3 months of motherhood leave. When I came back to work, he transferred that secretary to another department. Moreover, when I was admitted to study in this S-MTEB program and work in Asian Honda Motor, my present company, it’s time that I will leave from this company, I knew I was bad and such a kind of ingrate but he never know that I had a conflict with someone in his company which I (not only me) want to run away. Many many reason made me firmly decide to leave by the reason of studying. Although I said good bye to him but he still be a nice person to me never change. He said he would allow me to finish work at 3pm and hi would command his driver to take me to the university. Due to the problem with some people there, I have to deny his offer and walk out from him. When I left from that company, sometime I asked my ex-colleagues about him, they said that no one can take my place. He never satisfy anyone anymore.

I was lucky that I have a chance to meet him but it is a very short time which it is one of a bad luck in my life. Sometimes, I feel I miss him very much. How much I miss him is how much I think I’m bad. I don’t dare enough to go to see him even e-mail or call him.

The best decision sometimes makes us hurt but if we don’t dare enough to make that decision, our life may never meet the better thing. Now I hurt because of my decision and it seems not to be cured, but I never excuse myself because its result makes me really have a better life. When you have a chance, although it is your hard time to make a decision, please don’t leave the chance go without doing anything, catch it and play with it, try many things as much as you can, even the result of your decision is worse but at least you get an experience that cannot learn from anyone.

Umm-Wanwisa
(Khun Mae N' போனஸ்

1 comment: