Thursday, February 5, 2009

Writer-Based Prose


Linda Flower start her text with saying that if writing is simply the act of "expressing what you think" or "saying what you mean," why is writing often such a difficult thing to do? and why it often fail to communicate the same meaning to the reader? (p.62) Of course, I think so. Every time I have to write to express what I think, I spend a long time to finist it. Even so I can't convey all my thought to a reader and sometime they don't understand what I mean.


I can conclude that Writer-Based prose is writing that the writer write to himself and reflect the associative and describe the subject which the writer encounter. While Reader-Based prose is an attempt to communicate something to a reader. Linda said Reader-Based prose reflect the purpose of the writer's thought; Writer-Based prose tends to reflect its process.(p.63)


Finally, I think good writing should have both of Writer-Based prose and Reader-Based prose to maintain the thought and the same meaning of the writer meanwhile it should be readable and communicate to the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment