Thursday, February 5, 2009

Writer-Based Prose: A Cognitive Basis for Problems in Writing


Writer-Based Prose: A Cognitive Basis for Problems in Writing

First, I can not read all the text of Linda Flower but I think I understand when I’ve read text by skim when it almost finish.

I agreed with Linda Flower that Writer-Based prose is a natural and adequate for a writer writing to himself or herself (P.62) because it come from the deep or all of his/her thinking and it is pure. That can be comparing with the research of Jean Piaget and Lev Vygotsky about inner speech and egocentrism. They suggest about the speech of the child that the child talks only about himself, takes no interest in his interlocutor, does not try to communicate, expects no answer, and often does not even care whether anyone listen to him (P.63) that mean it come from their feeling at that moment and they express in that moment. If we can compare 2 theories we will see the theories have same way that expression and purely. So I conclude about the Writer-Based prose is a writing that the writer use his/her own term or word for themselves, thus the reader maybe not understand because it’s from the natural sense from the writer, I think it’s call “free-writing”. Although Writer-Based prose is come from the pure feeling and thinking but in the process of writing the writer must re-think before he/she writes down on the paper.

For the case study of Linda Flower’s student show that when you write you must have to re-write your work for make it better than the first paper, that mean your brain must has more process to do more than the first and your brain use a complex thinking how to do your writing paper.

For me I know I’m a Writer-Based prose and I think everyone, too if we a writer beginner. Writer-Based prose is necessary for every one and come from every one instinct.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment