Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cohesion and Coherence:

Cohesion:
According to this sentenses, principles of cohesion that fuse seperate sentences into a whole discourse (p.48) I am understand what is the cohesion. I have a problem about the cohesion, becuase I got many teacher's comments about cohesion of my writing. when I wrote the drafts, my writing was not a whole discourse. I didn't use transitional metadiscourse and expressions, so my writing was separated into many parts. Some of them aren't related to one another.

Coherence:
After I red the artical, I interested a rule. It is that "Paragraph = Issue + Discussion."(p.92)
I think that the paragraph consist of the two parts. The firts part is the subject, and the second part is explanation. Two parts have the point related together.

Finally, I think that the cohesion and coherence is near. They are useful to writers writing the good drafts.

Best Regards
Banna Wanishayanun

No comments:

Post a Comment