Friday, August 1, 2008

Back to Peer Review

Dear Ajan Karnchanoke,

I agree with you and all my friends that there are too many quotations and paraphrases in my paper work, A3.1, and I also feel annoyed with them. In A3.2. there are less quotations and paraphrases but there may be too many of them still. I feel that I have to put them in some parts such as example, purpose and some writer's saying. Is that wrong? Is it wrong to put examples in a summary?

After I got comments from friends, I feel that I have made a mistake to choose this BOOK to summarise because it is not a real research. It is a collection of papers that the writer (Tipa) got while he was doing his reserch. In fact, the book is about more theory than research. I tried to tell this in my paper work, A3.1. Perhaps it is not clear enough. I tried to make this part clearier in A3.2.

I don't understand a comment you gave me, "I'm starting to forget your voice because there are a lot of quotations!". What do you mean by "your voice"? Does it mean my opinion?

Anyway, I think that peer review is a good practice for who wants to be a good writer.

Do I complain much? I don't really want to complain but I just want to write.

Best Regards

Nittaya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment