Monday, July 7, 2008

Teaching the Other Self: The Writer's First Reader: Donald M. Murray (1982)

Hello All !
I have not written in this blog very so long time. I have to apology to Teacher who teach me English essay writing.
When I already read this article. I think that the writer will tell us about process of writing and teaches the other self. in some sentences, Murray says " The testimony of writers that they write for temselves opens a window on an important part of the writing process. If we look through that window we increase our understanding of the process and become more effective teachers of writing" In this sentense, I agree with him . It seems that we open our heart and brain for imagination how to write essays or journals.
And This article that " Teaching the Other Self:the Writer's First Reader" is topic of Murray tell us for teaching us. When we write, we are a writer, or when we read we are a reader. we cannot be a writer while we are reading. You can read without writing, but you can't write without reading. The reading skills required, however, to decode soemone else's finished text may be qute different from the reading skills required to chase a wisp of tinking until it grows in to a completed thought.
I think that this sentence is important of English teacher or other. Murray says "This done most efficently in conference. But before the conference at the beginning of the course, the teacher must explain to the class exactly why the student is to speak frist." He tell his students that he is going to do as ltttle as possible to interfere with their learining. It is their job to read the text, to evaluate it, io decide how it can be improved so that they will be able to write when I am not there. He point out that the ways in whinch they write are different, their problems and solutions are different and that He is a resource to help them find their own way. He will always attempt to underteach so that they can overlean. I feel to love this sentence because it looks like my teaching told me when she teaches English essay writing.
I like his style writing. He tells me about how to write.


thanks all

No comments:

Post a Comment