Monday, July 7, 2008

Teaching the Other Self: The Writer's First Reader

I like this article, so it is helpful for my writing. Before I read the article; I think that writing is one- way communication. Writers cannot knows the feedbacks from reader; It is defferent from talking.

Murray(1982) "The act of writing might be described as a conversation between two workman muttering to each other at the workbench. The two selves collaborate: a problem is spotted, discussed, defined; solutions are proposed, rejected, suggessted, attempted, tested, discarded, accepted".(p140) My attitude is changed; writing is two-way communication too.

It is a sophisticated reading that monitors writing before it is made, as it is made and after it is made.(p.141)
"Monitor" It is a important word. When I stydied in business field; I knew that monitoring is the one of assessment process. Monitoring assess acting compared with a plan. Monitoring is used in implementation period. This point is a little difference in this article.

Murray said that "[a]cing of writing is inseparable from the act of reading.You can read writing, but you can't write wihout reading.(p.141) It is a good point. I agree with this sentence, becuase writing and reading is activity done in a same time.


Finally, I have many points for this article, but I can't write them on this blog, becuase they are so long. The main points of this article are the self, the otherself, monitor and procedure of teaching.

While I read this article, Teacher Kan's face appears in my feeling. Why???

Best Regards
Banna Wanishayanun

No comments:

Post a Comment