Monday, June 23, 2008

"Rigid Rules, Inflexible Plans, and the Stifling of Language: A Cognitivist Analysis of Writer's Block"

Dear all,

The writer informs us about the difference between blockers and non-blockers. For me, I prefer non-blockers.
Moreover, he talks about the rigid rules and inflexible plans which influence writers as the students. The writer gives examples about individual experience as for writing style as well.
Gagne says that “we wouldn’t be able to function without rules...” I agree with him, for me it’s true.
In my writing process, when I though about rules, I am serious-minded and sometime I get stuck.
Finally, I like the sentence that “a heuristic does not guarantee the optimal solution or, indeed, any solution at all; rather, heuristics offer solutions that are good enough most of the time.”(Page 88)

Regards,
Jib

No comments:

Post a Comment