Thursday, June 19, 2008

Khun Adul's Comment on Huff & Kline

A New Post by Khun Adul (posted by Karnchanoke)


In the beginning , the authors made clear to me for the meaning of some technical or reference terms which I never know before . I think , it is necessary to know “ What is it ? ” before “ How to use it ? ” . I like their writing style , that is conclude their view before and then display the excerpts from the others books , which is easy to understand also . Such as they explained the meaning of three major functions of language in page 8 -9 or the expressive nonstop writing in page 11 . This way is better for some reader , like me , who is hard to understand the new thing . consequently , it will make me go ahead easier .

I found the conclusion from Britton and his coworkers , that is the expressive conversations with the self stimulate cognitive growth in all of the functions of language , interesting . But I question about the level of growth is significant or not .

In page 11 , I have learn about the logic of expressive writing or concept of free writing . Now , I understand that my “ free writing ” , not finished writing , is for myself only . And I always understand my “free writing” , so the writing rule is not necessary . Where as I understand more about the free writing , the new problem “ How can I improve it ? ” arises .Because my writing purpose is communicate with people , not only to myself . In addition , I think the nonstop writing is a kind of tool for keep nonstop thinking . If I can keep continuous thinking , whether by the other tools or not , nonstop writing is not necessarily . Free writing and nonstop writing are not synonym for me .

In summary , I understand “ free writing ” in term of meaning and in term of benefits better , after I read the Huff & Kline’ s works .

No comments:

Post a Comment