Friday, August 24, 2012

Like vs Love



"The words love and like both have four letters, but they are two different things altogether."


          These words certainly seem true. Strictly speaking, the verb love should beused to express a strong, positive feeling for a person or a place. For example, you might say, "I love my wife" or

" I love my country."

          To say that something gives you pleasure or to indicate that you enjoy being with another person, it is better to use the verb like; for example, you could say, "I like studying English" or "I like coffee" or "I like my friend Mie."


          However, in spoken English, many people often use love instead of like for extra emphasis. To say you "Love" something shows that you really like something or some activity such as "I love reading" or "I love Thai food."


By P.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment