Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Lovely School

Hello friends,
How was your week? Hope it was good.
I have just finished watching a TV programme . I think you all might have heard of this story, but I never knew it before.
The programme was about a training school for animals in Thailand. This school is not for dogs, cats, or elephants, but buffaloes. It is called Buffalo Training School. Some people shorten it Buffalo School.
I did not recognise where the school is located, but it is on landscape in a village, surrounded by massive grass field, lots of big trees and wetland pools. There are a lot of buffaloes living here. They all look happy and lovely to me!
The purposes of the school are as follow:
1.      To provide a course for people at all ages to raise the buffaloes: how to feed, accompany and bathe the buffaloes, as well as learning about how the buffaloes live.
2.      To train the buffaloes to practice ploughing a rice field.
As seen on the TV, the training course sounds interesting. Also, the TV script was read by the boy. His voice was lovely, and he tried Supanburi accents sometimes. He really made me enjoy the programme.
Furthermore, students who complete the course can take two buffaloes back to their homes.
If I know later where this school is located, I will visit it.
Hope you enjoy this story.

1 comment:

  1. Dear P'Mam
    Thank you for interesting information. I've never heard that there is a school for training buffaloes. But I do believe that we can train buffaloes because they are not stupid. I've never understand why Thai like to compare stupid people to buffaloes.

    ReplyDelete