Monday, September 12, 2011

The Moon Festival

The Chinese Moon Festival is on the 15th of the 8th lunar month. It's also known as the Mid-autumn Festival. Chinese culture is deeply imbedded in traditional festivals. Just like Christmas and Thanksgiving in the West, the Moon Festival is one of the most important traditional events for the Chinese.

Festival is also an occasion for family reunions. When the full moon rises, families get together to admire the bright mid-autumn harvest moon, eat moon cakes, and sing moon poems.
The moon cake is the food for the Moon Festival. The Chinese eat the moon cake at night with the full moon in the sky.


Hope the Moon Festival will bring you happiness.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I see the picture it very very eatable. Do you ever eating? It all tasty and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime I see a moon cake I will think of my mother. She loves to eat the moon cake very much, but I hate it! I feel it isn't good taste for me. My mother always say it's great that nobody grabs her favorite cake.

    ReplyDelete