Friday, August 12, 2011

My best Japan trip part VIII














From Miyajima, next stop was Hakata which is a city in the Fukoka prefecture. This 32 square kilometers city is located in the north of Kyushu island, the largest eastern island of Japan. This lively city is 1,070 miles away from Tokyo and it was the half way of this long journey before turned back to celebrate New year in Tokyo.



Arrived at 6.30 p.m., I went to a restaurant nearby the train station because my Japanese friend suggested that I should try Mentaiko, a kind of fish noodle, which is one of the spiciest noodle in Japan. From September to December I never had a chance to test the real spicy Japan food and I wanted to compare its taste with Tomyam Kung.














Mentaiko restaurant was easily found in the station, but the problem was which restaurant would be the best one. Therefore, I choose the most crowded restaurant. With many side dishes such as fresh vegetable, boiled green nut, sea weed and so on made me really enjoy eating. A little spicy taste of the soup, the high quality of fresh fish and the soft and sticky of the noodle attracted mostly Japanese traveler to test it, and so did I. However, in my opinion the taste of Tumyam Kung is much more delicious than this Japanese noodle.



Next morning, I observe the area of the city and found that the norm of Fukuoka was different from Tokyo. I felt that people in Fukuoka was more relax than people in Tokyo. I walked along the streets, train station and business area and saw that people here didn’t too hurry even on the rush hour. It may be because the abandon of food of this area and the suitable weather to grow the crop so in the past people of Fukuoka may easily cultivate their food from its tremendous nature resources. This make Fukuoka people more relax compare to the resource-deprived area in many part of Japan including Tokyo.









No comments:

Post a Comment