Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First step as a tourist guide

             Last friday, I was assigned by my boss to bring students in Australian English Language Course in Language Institute of National Defence Studies Instiitute, Royal Thai Armed Forces Headquarters to Bangpa-In Palace, Ayuthaya. This assignment made me feel bashful because I have never been a tourist guide before though I used to go there. Everyday before the travel day, I went to the library in the university near my house and borrowed a mountain of books and materials about Bangpa-In palace and studied them until I had an confidence that I can remember their information.
            As the travel day came, I realized that the biggest problem I had to encounter is not lacking of knowledge, but it was the strategy to handle with tourists instead. While I was informing him the history or any information about everything in the palace, they paid their attention into photo shooting. Many times, I had to stop the group and ran back from the front to asked him keep going. Some people escaped from the group and went to drink a cup of coffee at coffee shop. These problems caused us going back to Bangkok later than the plan. However, it was  my valuable experience for me to improve myself later.

No comments:

Post a Comment