Thursday, August 11, 2011

Eminem brought me luck!









If you like listening to Rap music, you must have heard of Eminem. He is probably one of a few white rappers who can do rap music as good as black rappers. This is why he became a big name in many music charts. But today I am not going to talk how popular he is; on the other hand, I am going to talk how he brought luck to me.

Last night I watched Eminem’s new music video on Channel V. Then, I suddenly remembered that he was a person who gave me luck to win a trip to England to see him at a music festival.






This unexpected luck happened to me in 2001 when I was 19 years old . It was an age that I was really into hardcore and rap music. I especially obsessed with Eminem because of his music and his uniqueness. One day, I bought his CD and there was a coupon inside the CD case. The coupon was a ticket you can send to compete for a trip to see Eminem concert in England.



Without a doubt, I was not going to lose this chance. The strange thing was I had a sneaky feeling that I was going to win this. Then, the next three weeks, I knew that my feeling did not lie to me as I received good news from a record company that I was a winner from a lucky draw to go to see Eminem concert at a music festival in England. I was like..Oh my god!.. I was the lucky one! I was shocked and speechless. It was hard to believe to win this type of competition as It was all depend on your luck. This was not the first time I won an oversea trip, but it was a second time.

It was such good experience to travel to England, especially to the music festival as it is considered one of the most popular events to join besides football when you go to England. The original music festival is in a town called Glastonbury which is the best-known. The festival switched among 3 towns--Glastonbury, Leeds and Reading. The one I went to was the last one which was not far from London.



I went there as a press so I could get to see most musicians so close, except Eminem that I could not get to see him that close. Because he was on a main stage and was a high- light of the day, so people tried to grab a space to get to see him closer at a front row. The location of the festival was very big, just like what I expected to see. The day I went was drizzling all day which was a weather you could not get away since you were in England and a ground was muddy but people loved that. It was quite common to see festival-goers covered in mud because it was all about fun and let themselves lose.

Music festivals in England usually take 3 days and they run music all day all night. So what I saw was many colorful tents set up around the festival area which were music lovers who were intended to settle down for a whole three days. I was glad to experience this type of event and to see my favorite rapper in person along with other musicians I liked. It was like many young people’s dreams to get to see singers you were crazy for, and I made it! This luck that I got from a singer I liked was just hard to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment