Friday, June 24, 2011

Got juice?


Have you ever heard some ads word “got milk?”? Its goal is to draw our attention to drink a couple glass of milk a day for good health. Like juice, my post’s aim is to tell you about benefits of juice you have already known but some of you guys may overlook or forget juice’s benefits. Well, I have to confess that I used to drink a glass of juice in the morning when I was a student. But then, I had no time to juice veggies and fruits and finally I kept juicing machine in a cupboard. (Actually I should have said that I got lazy.) I therefore will get it started again. Before I tell you all about juice, I have some recommendations or rules from Natural Health Magazine so that you can’t make an excuse to stop juicing.

- Don’t say “you have no time.” Actually, it means that you don’t make the time for your health because drinking a glass of juice made of veggies and fruits in the morning helps reduce your risk of illness.

- Don’t say “it’s too expensive.” It’s very clear that you are what you eat so you should pay more for good produces.

- Don’t say “It’s hard to do it every.” Some suggest that you set a goal at first. For instance, you mean to juice once a week or at weekend.

Let’s talk about benefits of juice. Some may wonder why we have to drink a glass of juice everyday as your dishes are usually served with a cupful of vegetables. But did you know their essential nutrients--vitamin B, C, and A etc. -- are away when those veggies are cooked? Raw greens and fruits are indispensable for you; thus juicing is the best way to get enough vital nutrients so as to keep you away from diseases like cancer. Another benefit of juice is when you drink your veggies and fruits juice, it gives your digestive system a rest because your body doesn’t have to produce digestive enzymes to change the food to nutrients. Most raw produces—apple, pineapple, pear and carrot—contain high level of digestive enzymes. One more thing about juicing is that you should put 3 veggies with 1 fruit in juicer and then drink the juice right away.

Next, I give you a recipe of juice containing a lot of greens for detoxing liver, lungs, and kidneys and lime for building up immunity.

Ingredients: ¼ cup spinach

¼ cup parsley

2 ribs of celery

½ organic, unwaxed cucumber (If you don’t use organic one, peel them first.)

½ lime with or without skin

1 green apple

(Please note that above veggies are available in supermarkets such as Villa Market, Tops or Foodland.)

1 comment:

  1. “Response to Lalita on Got juice?"

    Bow - Your blog is very interesting. I don't think the juice has more benefits like this. You always tell me that me should to detox if me have a free times. I think this way is one choice for me to detox. It's easy for me to drink a glass of juice every day or once a week. Can you remember that you tell me that me try to drink 2 glass of water after wake up for my health is better. I try it already and it beast effective. So I think this way is best way for me also. Thank you for always the best recommend na ^___^.

    ReplyDelete