Sunday, January 30, 2011

It takes a LEGEND--To make a STAR

Sometimes, I didn’t know what to do and felt so bored in everything surrounding me. I have to go to bookstore or theater. Last Saturday, my feeling was down deeply and then I ran to see “Burlesque”, musical movie starring Cher and Christina Aguilera. Firstly, when I saw its trailer in internet, I guessed that the plot is not extraordinary. It is about a girl run to her dream and made it come true because she never gave up even if she faced many problems. While buying ticket, I asked myself why I paid so much for it. Ok, I wanted to buy time not ticket. Time is cheap.

While Cher was singing one song in scene, I was very impressed by Cher’ powerful voice and the meaning of song.

Feeling broken
Barely holding on
But there’s just something so strong
Somewhere inside me
And I am down but I’ll get up again
Don’t count me out just yet

I've been brought down to my knees
And I've been pushed way past the point of breaking
But I can take it
I'll be back
Back on my feet
This is far from over
You haven't seen the last of me
You haven't seen the last of me

They can say that
I won't stay around
But I'm gonna stand my ground
You're not gonna stop me
You don't know me
You don't know who I am
Don't count me out so fast.

Before seeing this movie, I didn’t have any idea of this song. I haven’t known that “You haven’t seen the last of me” was written by Diane Eve Warren and won the 68th Golden Globe Award for Best Original.

Burlesque takes a legend...to make a star.

Diane Warren and Cher show audiences all how they are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment