Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sanamchandra Palace

Sanamchandra Palace is located in Nakorn Pathom, about 56 kilometers from Bangkok. The palace is nearby the majestic pagoda, Phra Pathom Chedi (about a kilometer). In the past The Prince Vajiravudh, H.M. King Rama VI came to this city to pay homage to the big pagoda. He wished to build a palace for stayed here and he preferred this area for a strategic location too. At present, Silpakorn University returned the palace to Bureau of the Royal Household following the wishes of HRH Princess Bejraratana Rajasuda.It has some interesting buildings in a mixture of Thai and European styles.

I went there last Thursday with my family because my sister graduated from Silpakorn University, the bachelor degree of Product Design in The Faculty of Decorative Arts. We woke up 3.00 a.m. early in the morning and we get there about 7.00 a.m. We visited this Palace for the first time. There were lots of people and many beautiful places so I could take many photos with my younger sister. These scenery are magnificent and look like a fairy tale story. We looked around for took photos with the Rayal Building such as Samakkeemukamartaya Hall, Ganesa Shrine, Chaleemongkolasana Residence, Mareerajaratanabulung Residence, Thub Kwan Residence and Statue of Yalae (the king's dog). In the afternoon 12.30 p.m. my sister came to the Hall. She received the certificate from Somdej Prathep Ratna Raj Suda Siam Boroom Raj Kumari at 4.00 a.m.

I’m very proud with her so I sent her my congratulations by gave her a nice bouquet of flowers and two big bear dolls. I think next year I will have a wonderful moment as well.

This is a wonderful place with a wonderful time.
Hope you can visit this palace since it's not far from Bangkok.
There is open for the general public, the ticket only 30 baht for adult and it’s free for children.

For more information you can look at this website following.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanam_Chandra_Palace
And for beautiful pictures of Sanamchandra Palace, take a look at this website…
http://kongzzar.multiply.com/photos/album/11/Sanamchandra_Palace

Rattana-Kay

1 comment: