Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Writer’s First Reader

Some fact , that I known after reading the article , is that writing is the problem for many people or students all over the world . So , writing is the real hard thing to do . But many students can write , then you and I can also write , by the correct teaching . This article was written for teachers who try to be effective teachers of writing .
In page 4 of the article , I agree with the author that writing is thinking . And from page 2 of the article , he explained about the writing , that is inseparable from reading and we cannot write without reading . So , I can conclude that the true meaning of the reading in the writing process is the thinking. Then , he said about the other self . Again , I think that the other self and the thinking are the same thing . The main idea look like the Thai idiom “question to yourself and answer by yourself” or “ถามเอง ตอบเอง” . This idea is very usefully for everyone and for doing everything .
One idea in the article is amazing for me . That is , it does not work if you write in general terms for a large audience and he suggested that “The larger the audience , the more universal we want our message to be , the more specific we must become.” And I have already memorize the good sentence “Don’t write about Man , write about a man.”
Finally , I feel that the author was a good teacher . And I like his teaching concept that is teaching how to learn by themselves . This means that the methods of getting new knowledge are more important than the knowledge itself . This article is appropriate not only for writing teacher but also the teachers in other fields .

No comments:

Post a Comment