Saturday, July 5, 2008

Teaching the Other's Self: The writer's first reader

Hi all,


This article seems to be only for the teacher who wants to be an effective teacher of writing. The teacher should be a helper for all students but shouldn't tell them all what to do -- teach them as LESS as possible, let them experience their writting.

A writer must have the self and the other self. These two selves collaborate in a writing process . A teacher can help students being beginners of writing to find their other self by pretending to be other self of the students -- being their (the writer's) first reader and giving them responses -- so they can improve thier text or do next draft to evolve their writing.

That means this article is also for all students who want to be good writers. The students have to learn from the teacher how s/he can be their other self (the other self). So the students can get more confidence to write with no teacher beside them.

Murry said, "The teacher listens, knowing that the effective teacher must teach where the student is, not where the teacher wishes the student was..." (p. 111) I really like and agree with Murry. And I think you all agree with me too. (^_^)

I would like to say that I and you, my friends, are very lucky that we have a good teacher as Ajan Karnchanok. Although she gives us a lot of assignments, I still love her as a great teacher because I believe that every assignments are good for me and you all.

Thank you all
Have a great day :)

2 comments:

  1. hi guys

    this is my first time to post the comment.

    this article is talking about teacher can help students to improve their writting process by give them the response besides the teacher have to realize that the way their student write are different so they need different solution.

    Moreover teacher can guide their student when they lack of self confidence or panic.

    Murray said " The teacher has to be a guide who doesn't lead so much as stand behind the young explorer,pointing our alternatives
    only at the moment of panic"
    (page 110)

    "i point out that the ways in which they write are different, their problems and solutions are different and that i am a resource to help them find their own way "
    (page 111)

    i'm a kind of person who have a problem with attention deficit so
    it's quite hard for me to concentrate with reading articles
    or doing something continously for a long time but i will try my best
    to understand the articles so i hope u guys will understand my problems.

    see u guys in class

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nittaya said that "I would like to say that I and you, my friends, are very lucky that we have a good teacher as Ajan Karnchanok. Although she gives us a lot of assignments, I still love her as a great teacher because I believe that every assignments are good for me and you all."

    Thank you very much for teaching of Aj. Karn.

    ReplyDelete