Tuesday, July 15, 2008

qualitative research

Dear all,
I did not attend the Monday class because I have had a sore throat and a high fever. After feeling better today, I called Nong Nid, asking her to explain what Acharn Karnchanok had lectured in the class. Nong Nid told me that Acharn Karnchanok had lectured about the meaning of qualitative research and instucted us to post the meaning of it to the blog.

Before going into details of the qualitative research, I would like to tell all of you that research can be divided into two categories. The first is qualitative and the latter is quantitative. The two are totally different because of their methods and techniques. Qualititative research uses mainly interviews and some key questions as a mean to collect data from a few samples while quantitative research uses mainly the variety of questionnaires as a mean to get data from samples selected . The data obtained will be evaluated by principles of statistics.

Thanks/ Anucha

1 comment:

  1. T_T I'm sorry. I didn't mean that Ajan Karnchanok lectured about meaning of qualitative research in monday class. But I only meant that for this post, it was about qualitative translation research. T_T

    ReplyDelete