Saturday, July 19, 2008

peer review can improve writing.

Peer review can improve writing.
Dear all,

Having read the Peer Review Process written by Robert Mittan, I found that the peer review is a technique to help students improve their writing. Students can get comments, reactions, and questions from their classmates in what they think about their writing so that their revision would be made afterwards.

Apart from this, I have learnt ways to guide students in responding to each other’s writing. I think the four-step ways are very useful for each student to communicate with their friends and encourage them to extend abilities in their writing. Mitten, the writer of the text, has also taught us to know other ways for using the peer review process such as integrating the peer review process into the course, beginning with a few sample tasks, and allowing plenty of time for both written responses and oral discussion of reviews.

As for my experience, friends I would like to tell all of you that since I studied English writing course, my past English teachers have never guided and taught me how to use the peer review process to improve my writing. The teachers only relied on themselves, their experiences and their knowledge background to evaluate my works. Sometimes I disagreed with their suggestions but dared not argue as it could possibly affect the evaluation of my works. However, I still feel good to see that we have a chance to know it.
Take care
Anucha

No comments:

Post a Comment