Wednesday, July 9, 2008

comments on reading and writing

ยกข้อความทั้งย่อหน้า

Dear all,
I've just returned from Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka, and had time to read text written by Murray minutes ago. I'm sure that everyone in the class had already wriiten the text conclusion and submitted it to the blog. And I may possibly be the last one. I was quite a bit worry this week because there are a lot of unfinished works that I have yet to do but I will try to do it step by step to make sure that everything can go as smoothly as possible.
According to the text " Teaching the Other Self: the Writer's First Reader", I understand that the text is trying to tell everyone to pay attention to both writing and reading skills equally. I do agree with its excerpt, saying the act of writing is inseperable from the act of reading. You can read without writing, but you can't write without reading. I like these sentences and ideas very much.
To all, I would like to tell you that I have always practiced it since I entered into a journalism carrer about a decade ago. You know I've never felt myself wasting time even a single minute to do it, instead I have to thank myself for being patient enough until I can go through obstacles. You know I had never been fond of reading and writing English when I was a university student even though my major is English. I rather preferred studying speaking and listening course because such skills were flexible. You can speak as long as you could without focussing more on grammatical rules. But writing and reading skills were totally different in my opinion. That's why I didn't really write and read English at that time.
To date, I don't say that I write and read English very well but what I'm trying to tell you is you must keep reading and writing it everyday so that you can use English as a Thai studyig English as an international language can do.
Thanks
Anucha


No comments:

Post a Comment