Monday, June 9, 2008

what is writing and why do it?

Dear Acharn Karnchanok,

Frankly speaking I don’t know exactly how to begin with my reaction after reading your first 11 –page text journal given last week. I also don’t know why I do have the sense like this. However, you are not necessary to worry about my feeling in which I think I will try to bring it under control next time.

As for your weekly assignment, I simply understand that the purpose of it is to stimulate and encourage students to practice their writings. I totally agree with it because the more I write , the better my English writing skills will improve. That’s the facts of nature.

If asked what do I get from reading your text? I have to say that I get a lot of useful information from it . This chapter started telling me on best how to write one story even though it did not force writers to pay much attention to the rules of unity and coherence. But in my opinion I don’t think so I think that these rules are still very necessary for every writer to write stories. They must think hard about the rules after they got the pretty well idea.

For me, I have always used the rules to apply for my writing as they could help connect story idea, body, and conclusion, enabling readers to be easier to read and understand. The rules have also taught me how to organise the story in the first place. Redundant information is not needed to put into the story as it will make readers feel bored and stories be longer than necessary.

In other points, I also agreed with the writer of this chapter that good writers must read a lot of books while people reading many books are not necessary to be writers. Reading will help open the writers’ perspectives so that they will have enough information to form their story ideas.

Acharn Karnchanok I like to end my reaction now as I can’t find more interesting issues in this chapter. Every writer must be in mind that the most important thing in writing is a story’s organisation .

Best Regards
Anucha Charoenpo

No comments:

Post a Comment