Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Khun Adul's Comment

Class,
I'm posting this for Khun Adul, using the material he sent me via email. We may need to help teach him how to post his journal entries on-line in our class next Friday.
Karnchanoke


In the beginning part of the chapter 1 , the author try to convince the reader that writing is easier than they think . But in the real world , writing is real difficult thing . If we ask someone to compare between reading , listening , speaking and writing , the most answers which thing is most difficult are writing.

We don’t know anyone idea , are most people think like the author or not ? In my view , the author suggestion is not true .

Next , he said that we focused so much on the rules . But if we do not follow the rules , how can we write ? Like we are watching some game , such as American football or baseball . If we know little or nothing about the game rule , how can we have fun with this game . Think about Thai essays , that I can read and understand well . If I read some essay that contain many mistake or error , I will read only first two or three sentences and throw away . Rules are still necessary . I think the writing idea and the rules of writing are equally important thing .

On page 3 , he suggested that do not “ just write the way you talk ” and I agree with it . Because we can talk without thinking but we cannot write without thinking .

In fact , a writer must be a great reader as he suggested that people who read a lot may not necessarily be writers , but writes are always people who read a lot . And I strongly agree with him .

In summary , all of the author ideas are good suggestion ( can do in your language ) .

No comments:

Post a Comment