Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Rewrite with Clarity

Dear all,

This article is interesting and fun. The author, Murray (2004), give suggestions that useful for revision writing. She inform about her experience when she edit her draft. Furthermore, she guides how to rewrite the draft.

I agree with the sentence that “[t]he purpose of writing is not to show the writer at work but to discover meaning and communicate it directly to a reader who should not be aware of the writer but the writing” (p.232).

Moreover, she talks about “The Tools of Revision”. I always use these tools in my drafts when I rewrite them. I agree with the author and realized that these tools can help me to make the drafts clearer.

Finally, I like this article because Murray suggests many things that are valuable for the writers and me to rewrite the draft. For example, she explains about “Twenty Ways to Unfinal a Draft” (p. 118), “the Attitude of the Editing Writer” (p. 220), “Interview Your Draft” (p. 222), “Solutions to Common Editing problems” (p. 226), etc. These are good for my revision.

Thanks
Best regards,

Jib

No comments:

Post a Comment