Monday, September 8, 2008

rewrite with clarity

Dear all,

Last week was the toughest period for me. I had to work very hard to cover political situations of the country and that’s why I did not have time to sit in the class. Furthermore, I have got a flu since then.
Having read the text written by Murray 2004, I understand that the writer was telling us ways how to rewrite our stories. The writer gave her tips, tactics and examples of the rewritten and edited sentences. The writer cited the poet John Ciardi, saying that the last act of the writing must be to become one’s own reader. ( p 218) I do agree with it. Furthermore, the writer wanted all writers to become like painters at work who always step back to look at their works critically what has been done and has not been done so that they would return to do more.
I also agreed with the writer who believed that junior writers are always bored with rewriting and editing. They also send their first drafts after finishing them. Like me I have done it before. That may be because of my laziness or my limited knowledge in rewriting and editing. But now I have already changed my writing style. I will try to read my first draft repeatedly to see and find what may be missing from the story so that I would add it before the submission. Furthermore such a practice help me improve my writing.
Murray the writer gave very useful tips that help me rewrite and edit stories. Wow I love it, indeed.
Thanks/ anucha

No comments:

Post a Comment